We’re in the midst of one (hopefully) last winter storm, and one of my little chicks needs to be out today. Right now, it is only raining, but as the temperature continues to drop, it’s expected to change to sleet, and then to snow. We’re forecast for as much as a foot of snow! And also power outages. I’m hopeful that her new place of employment will send her home before things get too bad. I think they’ve already cancelled classes at her college this afternoon and tomorrow.
She was working at Radio Shack, until they closed last week. They’re all going out of business, in case you didn’t know. Goodness, I remember when they sold leather at Radio Shack. It’s strange to think that they’re gone. Anyway, her hours there were usually few and always unpredictable. Her new employer offers steady hours, and no nights or weekends. And suddenly, we’re both thinking she’s going to fly soon.
I have no idea how I’m going to live without her. I will, of course, but the very idea of it just baffles me. She’s my baby girl, after all.
But I’m so proud of her.
I’ve never wanted much for my children: only that they follow God’s call in their lives, and that they become saints.
Small things, really, don’t you think?
And she’s well on her way.
Her younger sister is not far behind. (She’s taking her driving test this Friday!)
It’s a good thing a mother’s heart is resilient.